Secondary School Program
The Secondary School Education package has been developed by Project Numbat to support teachers in embedding conservation education into curriculum programs. The package provides cross-curricular activities focusing on the Western Australian mammal emblem – the endangered Numbat – and other native animals.
The program is available for download from Dropbox HERE.
The package is broken down into three sections covering the following topics:
• The South West of Western Australia as a Biodiversity Hotspot
• The concept of Threatened Species and Threatening Processes
• The Numbat as an example of a threatened species including:
• Details about the Numbat
• Why they are threatened – specific threatening processes
• What is being done to help – including the concept of Recovery Plans
• What you can do to help
If you would like to request a speaker, provide feedback or have any questions about the education packages, please email email@example.com